- When will I receive instructions for attending the virtual conference?
Two weeks prior to the start of the conference, you will receive an email containing all the instructions for accessing the virtual conference.
- What do I need to do on the day of the virtual conference?
Once you have registered and signed up via the email sent to you two weeks prior to the conference, you will simply access the conference platform via the link contained in that email.This link will direct you to login to access the conference platform. You can search the conference agenda and select the session you would like to attend at that time.
- Do I have access to all the sessions?
Yes! Once registered for the entire conference (Nov 15-19) you will have access to all sessions just as you would have in person.Only persons who have paid to attend the Pre-conference workshops on November 16, 2021 will have access to the workshop registered for. These workshops are not included in the overall conference cost.
- What technical requirements are needed for participation in the virtual conference?
You will need access to a device (such as a laptop, tablet, desktop or smartphone) with internet connection.
We suggest you manually download Zoom prior to the conference. Your web browser will prompt you to download this automatically when you join your first Zoom session.You may also run the Zoom meeting in your browser by clicking “join from your browser” if you prefer not to download the application.
- I paid to attend the Hybrid (In-person) event, will I get a refund now that it is virtual?
Yes, if you made full payment for attending the conference in-person, you will receive a refund. You may contact email@example.com for further details regarding your payment and refund process.
- What time zone is the conference being held?
The conference is being hosted in Atlantic Standard Time (AST) , the time zone of St. Croix. Please check your local time zone.
During the Conference
- When will the agenda be available?
While the agenda is currently in draft, the final agenda will be published three weeks prior to the start of the conference for attendees.On the agenda page of the conference site, you will be able to select the sessions you would like to attend and create your personal agenda for the week.
- Will there be multiple sessions happening at the same time?
Just as at an in-person conference, sessions will be occurring simultaneously. You may review the agenda to see the entire list of sessions, topics and speakers.If there is more than one session you would like to attend occurring at the same time you will be able to access the recordings for 3 months after the conference.
- What if I miss a session?
All recorded sessions will bE available after the end of the conference for 3 months.
- Will sessions be pre-recorded or live?
Conference sessions will include both live and pre-recorded presentations. The nature of each will be indicated in the session description.
- Will I be able to ask questions during the sessions?
Yes! You are encouraged to use the Chat feature for each session to pose questions to presenters during the Q&A segments. The session moderator will review and facilitate this portion at the end of the speaker’s presentation.Some sessions, such as Roundtable discussions, will have live Q&A allowing you to participate verbally by unmuting your mic when invited.
- Are there social and networking events planned?
Yes! There are a variety of social events scheduled each day. There will be opportunities for morning and evening networking, with special events for students and early career professionals. You may search by either of those tracks once logged on to the conference system to see the days and times of these sessions.
- Will I be able to leave one session and attend another during the same time slot?
Yes, you can move from one session to another within the same time block as you would in-person.
- Who should I contact if I have technical issues during the conference?
You will have an option within the conference platform to contact Technical Support which will direct you to a live person to help address any technical problems you may be experiencing.
- Will we be able to speak to persons with Poster Presentations?
Yes, all posters will be available for viewing throughout the conference, however each presenter will have an allocated time for Live Q&A. Please check the conference agenda to see the posters session times.You may also submit questions outside of the Live Q&A time through the chat feature and the presenter will respond at their convenience.
- How do I know which sessions offer CEs?
All pre-conference workshops, keynotes and plenary presentations carry continuing education units (CEs).
These sessions will carry the CE logo as a reminder of this.
- How do I get my Continuing Education Units (CEUs)?
If you attended any session offering CEUs you will have to complete the session post-test. Upon successful completion, you will receive your CEU certificate via email (the one used to register for the conference)
- Can I access conference recordings after the conference has ended?
Yes, all conference sessions will be accessible for 3 months after the end of the conference.
- Will I be able to get CEUs after the conference?
Unfortunately, CEUs will only be available for sessions attended during the conference.